Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Other uses for spare 3-tab shingles?

mm wrote:
Are there any other uses for spare 3-tab shingles?

Have any of you ever used any for anything other than a roof? (Not
counting shingling a dog house)

I did a temp repair about 3 years ago on my roof and only used a
portion of the package of 3-tab standard asphalt? shingles.

Now the whole roof is redone, in a different color, and I'm still
saving the shingles, just like I save spare pieces of wood, metal,
cloth, etc. And I often use these scraps. More to the point,
whenever I need something small, I almost always have it.

But the shingles are still outside, and don't store well, and if I'm
never going to use them, I'll throw them away. I can't imagine that
freecycle wants them, less than a package.

Save a couple to put in your trunk in the winter, if you live in an area
that gets heavy snow. They're heavy, and if you get stuck, you can set
them under your back tires for traction.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel