Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander Jim Alexander is offline

Default Vaillant ecotec plus system boiler with vr400

"mark" wrote in message
In message , Ed Sirett
writes
Any ideas?

You have not chosen (or had chosen for you) a very user friendly control.

Unclip out the VR400 (if you still have the trim plate it can be put
back).

I chose this one specifically as I wish to use the weather compensation
feature which seems to be working as required.

Wire up a Horstmann C12 or C17 single channel programmer and connect in
series with the wall thermostat.

Or replace the wall themrostat with a suitable programmable thermostat.

(I'd go for a Centaur stat 7) to advance the heating she simply has to
press the plus button a few times to bring up a higher target temp until
the next "program point".

So; there is no easy way then

Ah well thanks for all the help everybody , looks like 'piece of paper
with instructions taped to the wall' then

Well I've read the VRC400 manual and reckon that the "quick veto" function
is what
you are looking for.

Jim A