Posted to uk.d-i-y
mo mo is offline

Default Strange noise - deathwatch beetles?

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in
ups.com:

John wrote:
In article , mo mo
wrote:

Hello all, thanks for the replies

Right - I don't think its any sort of CREATURE because the noise is
now pretty much constant AND It is only audible from my room and
not any of the others around

I am feeling then that it must he something in the attic moving
around or most likely the plumbing or something...the odd thing is
when I went up there (stuck my head in) i couldnt hear the sound -
partly because if was prob drown out by all the other nosie of the
roads etc)

What about Central Heating? We get ticking noises (some loud, some
faint) around our house, as the pipes first expand and later
contract, as the CH goes on and off.

You can get that with plastic guttering too in sunny weather it
expands and contracts when it cools. But it is happening on cue at
around 5 pm IIRC, so it must be plumbing as was said early on in the
thread.

the odd thing is that this noise is very recent and its all day now

i fear it might be rats - yuk!

tho how the **** did they get into the roof?!?!