Posted to alt.home.repair
comcastss news groups comcastss news groups is offline

Default advice on replacing window trim???

Sideing might not happen until spring. Its getting close to winter. I want
to cover up the trim around the windows now. If I have to I'll redo when
they reside...
I'm thinking the sideing will just runn up to the trim.
"Lawrence" wrote in message
oups.com...

comcastss news groups wrote:
You are correct.
Actually the siding on that side of the house is going to be replaced..
I dont know what its called. its a pressed masonite like board that

crumbles
apart as it wears.
All around the windows and in other areas its in bad shape.
Not sure what to do, I dont care for the look of vinyl sidings.
I like real wood other than the maintenance...
Figured I'd get the windows in myself and in the spring have someone do

the
siding.

Why not wait to install the trim until after the siding goes on. You
choice of siding could affect the trim you will use and the way it is
installed.