Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris F. Chris F. is offline

Default Transistor Substitution Question

Is it possible to substitute a Darlington transistor with a non-Darlington
one? I'm working on a Kenwood amp, it had blown the output transistors
2SD2222 and 2SB1470. I ordered some new replacements and installed them, one
channel worked but the other blew right out again. Having spent $45 on this
amp so far including a service manual, I don't want to gamble any more money
on it. So I was wondering if I can replace those transistors with some
non-Darlington ones I already have. The packages and electrical
characteristics are very similar, but of course this sounds just a bit too
easy.
Thanks for any advice.

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address