Posted to alt.electronics
Wombat-Pipex-News Wombat-Pipex-News is offline

Default 3 LEDs and 3 Switches..

"John Fields" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 06:59:13 -0500, "Wombat-Pipex-News"
wrote:

Hi all.
Can anyone give me a diagram or help on how to do this..
I've got 3 LEDs, and 3 Momentry Switches.
Id like to make it so that 1 LED is on at all times.
eg.
123 - ABC
Press 1 and A Lights, BC off.
Press 2 and B Lights, AC off.
Press 3 and C Lights, BC off.

---
Press 3 and C lights, AB off, don't you mean?
---

And so on. Defalut would be 1-A when inital power up is done.

I could do this dead easily with small relays, but Im trying not to use
them. Idealy it would use Transistors or a small chip.
The source is +5V fed from a 7805
Im trying to get away from the old Clicking way of doing it. !!

Any help on this would be very welcome.

---
Schematic for you at:

--
JF

--------------------Update on this little Project.-----------------

Well John I`ve finaly made the thing.
I used your Diagram above.
BUT...
It doesnt work correctly. !! :-(

Only one LED will allow itself to be switched off. once either of the other
two get lit, then it wont go off.
Both other LEDs light but wont latch on once the other one has done so. Ive
tried lowering the pull down resistor values but it just stops working
totaly.
I've got 3 LED 2 red 1 yellow.
The sequence is: Red Yellow Red. The Yellow one is the only one to allow
itself to be un latched/lit. Plus Ive made the middle Yellow the first one
to switch on. (using the small Cap) Could it be due to having different
colourd LEDs.?
If you look at your diagram its the Centre B bit that works OK.
Any ideas on ho to fix it dude.?

Regards
Wombat.