Posted to uk.d-i-y
mark mark is offline

Default Vaillant ecotec plus system boiler with vr400

In message , raden
writes
In message , mark
writes
I've just replaced my venerable Worcester 35 with one of these and my
wife is bemoaning the lack of a 'heating advance' button as we called
here.
Does such a thing exist, I've trawled the hand books and the only
thing that comes close is something called 'party mode' which requires
one of a myriad similar buttons to be pressed 3 times. Now seeing as
pressing the wrong button 3 times may well alter the setting for
th_nd_world setting I'd be pleased if there was an easier way that
I've missed.

Any ideas?

You seem to be confusing programmer functions with boiler functions

That is quite possible.

I'm looking for a function on the optional clip in programmer (the
vaillant vrc 400) which will 'advance' to the next programme setting
(usually to the next 'on' phase as the wife has got cold during an 'off'
stage) and so make the boiler (a vaillant 630 which has a basic control
now supplemented by the vrc 400) heat up the radiators which is indeed a
boiler function.

The vrc 400 allows all sorts of adjustments to be made to boiler
functions via a cunning series of permutations using only a few buttons.
One of these series of button pushes does provide the function I seek.
Unfortunately one wrong button push could do something else altogether
so I am wondering if there is a simpler way to reproduce the 'advance'
function (provided on the worcester via a very large button labelled
'heating advance') for people like my wife who has better things to do
than pore over a boiler manual (like me) when she occasionally gets
cold.

--
Mark Roberts