Posted to sci.engr.lighting,uk.d-i-y
Clive Mitchell Clive Mitchell is offline

Default Replace old fluorescent tube with brighter?

In message , Alex
writes
Hey, I thought that an electronic light fitting for a fluorescent was
the smart modern smart thing to get. You make it sound like a backward
step!

A lot of the guys and gals on this list are veterans of the lighting
industry. We had our fingers well and truly burned with the early
electronic ballasts which had a fairly short life due to thermal issues.
The modern units with more rugged, higher temperature rated components
and wiser design don't have so many issues. (Unless you get the cheapo
ones.)

I think we can safely say. "Once bitten twice shy" applies.

--
Clive Mitchell
http://www.bigclive.com