Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Fuse identification

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:09:06 -0000 someone who may be "Christian
McArdle" wrote this:-

In case you've not seen it you can check your local DNO's policy on such
things he
http://www.energynetworks.org/spring...lect_contr.asp

Unfortunately, I get a 404 for my supplier...

And for my area, Scottish Power, I get the following bull****:

"At SP EnergyNetworks, we are focussed on improving the integrity,
security and performance of the network - ensuring effective,
efficient delivery of your electricity.

"We cover a vast area, connecting to major power stations, managing
over 80,000 substations and more than £2.5 billion worth of
equipment. Indeed, the network we manage and maintain - over 115,000
kilometres - would stretch almost three times around the world.

"Delivering 40,000 GWh of electricity each year to over 3 million
customers is a big responsibility and one we take very seriously.
Operating, maintaining and repairing the equipment and networks that
connect you to your electricity is a complex task involving a wide
range of activities."

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh