Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling Ian Stirling is offline

Default How many hours will it take me to sand floorboards in standard size room?

wrote:
I'm planning to sand the floorboards in our dining room this weekend
and would like to get my wife and baby out of the house while I'm doing
the sanding but have no idea how long it will take?

I've got everything prepared, room cleared, all boards screwed down
etc.

10 minutes, to a week.
Are you using a hired floor sander, a belt sander, an orbital sander, or hand
sanding it?

Taking it back to 'clean' wood will of course remove any patina and get
you wood that looks essentially 'new'.
A light sanding will not do this so much, and will remove most of the minor
scratches.