Ken Cutt

Default Hydraulics questions (a bit long)

Old Nick wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 03:00:46 -0800, Ken Cutt
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

I actually have a bucket and arms from an old bobcat lying around.
When I mentioned in machinery circles that I was thinking of fitting
them to my tractor, some guy said "Well, I hope you've got the
geometry right" Naturally I said yes. Then I started to think about it
all......

It's a fascinating idea, but quite a project, and with
expensive/dangerous consequences if done wrongly. I shudder to think
waht would happen if a loader arm let go while I was sitting in the
tractor, because a pin bent or broke.

Your mention of steering rings a bell, Ken. My little Zetor has no
power steering. It would have been useless with a loader anyway.

It must have been something to have the fron drop with a full load. I
have losta wheel, with just a plough on the back and that was alarming
enough.

Hi Nick

Well to be honest about losing the front end , it was all over by the
time it occured to me to get scared . Heart sure got going though . One
spindle broke and when it that side hit the ground the weight transfer
took out the other one . Called up a dealer who said new spindles would
be $800.00 a side and break again since it was a weakness of this model
.. This tractor is a 25 HP Satoh a make I would not recomend to anyone .
So made up my own for about a days labour and $200.00 . Still holding up
the tractor so guess the fix took , ;-) . On the other hand this tractor
is such junk it runs so few hours . Loaders are great but for most
people it is easier to live with " too small " then " too big " not to
mention safer . Me I am looking forward to bouncing a few grandkids on
my knee so tend to think a hell of alot more then I did when younger .
Ken Cutt