Posted to alt.home.repair
glenn P glenn P is offline

Default neighbor built over my property line

Another amateur lawyer at work...

"Goedjn" wrote in message

But basically, for anyone else reading this, if you put up a fence inside
property line, then you should be at least partly liable for any problems
caused by this. The neighbour shouldn't have to employ a surveyor to
determine where you think your boundary might be. As I said, (where I'm
from) fences between properties are always jointly owned. Is what you're
suggesting that each neighbour erect their own fence?

Oh, bull****. The other guy is responsible for knowing where his
property lines are, just like you are. Where you decide to put a
fence is irrelevent.