Posted to alt.home.repair
bowgus bowgus is offline

Default s-trap plug

Do you think it is OK to
try heating up the pipe with a torch in hopes of removing that plug, or
should I worry about methane gas in the pipe exploding?...I apologize if
this is a dumb question. But it seems like my last resort to get this thing
fixed. Can't snake past the trap.
Appreciate any help. Thanks.. JJ

With water in the trap, and no danger of fire, you might heat it up
nice and hot which should boil away the blockage (that's all those
chemicals do anyway) ... if that's where the blockage is.

What I'd do is cut the whole thing out (sawzall with metal blade) and
replace with ABS.

OT: that sawzall makes short work of cast iron pipe ... used one to cut
the fill/vent pipes (cemented into wall) to remove my old oil tank.