Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default splicing a spliced cable line

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:30:55 GMT, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:11:41 -0800, Oren wrote:

On 29 Nov 2006 13:20:49 -0800, "
wrote:

I have a three way splice from the cable company, and would like to
splice it yet again for a fourth television. Should I go out and buy
a 4-way splice, or can I just hook a two-way on to an existing run?

Your cable company will change out your splitter. Cheap is not better
in this case. Something compatible with the cable company is best.

Compatible? This isn't an automobile engine being installed. It's just
a lousy splitter!

I was amazed to learn a "dumb" splitter can go bad. Compatible, I mean
what the cable company uses.

Put a lousy splitter on and they say; "the splitter is the problem".

--
Oren