Posted to alt.home.repair
jolt jolt is offline

Default Humidifier switch

"Rose" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just got off the phone about a power switch to my old Sears
humidifier and they informed me that the switch is no longer available.
I'm wondering, beings it is a power switch, can I use something like a
general power switch to run this unit? I hate to install a new unit as
this seems to be the only thing wrong with it.

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Rose

Some old humidifiers switched the 120V and more common is for the control to
switch 24v. Just because Sears doesn't stock the switch doesn't mean it is
not available. Sear did not make the switch it is more likely Honeywell or
Robertshaw that produced the control. If you could describe the control
someone might be able to help you find the part.

Is it 24v or 120v?
Humidistat or combination humidistat, sail switch.