Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bennet@bennetwilliams.com is offline

Default Basement Lighting Recommendations -Can Lights in Drop Ceiling

wrote:
I'm finishing about 1300 square feet of my basement. I plan on putting
in a drop ceiling with can lights.

I was thinking about spacing the 6-inch cans about 6 feet apart. Is
that too close? That's a lot of lights (roughly 36) which seems like
too much to me. Any thoughts/recommendations? Assuming 75W lights
(total of 2700W), I'll probably need two or three separate 15A circuits
for them as well, correct?

Another option is flourescent but I'm not sure I want to go that route.
Doesn't look that nice and placement is not as flexible.

Thanks,
Kevin

Don't pull something out of your butt (or someone else's) for something
like this. Google for "lighting level calculations" to use some tools
to properly determine your required fixture density for the lighting
level that you want.

BRW