Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Steve Steve is offline

Default What would I be missing?

If I were you man, I would avoid those harbor freight turning tools
like the plague. The steel they use is pure crap and will not hold an
edge.

Steve

On 29 Nov 2006 06:06:45 -0800, "Olebiker" wrote:

I have never done any turning since I have always thought that any
lathe worth having would cost too much and take up too much space in my
gara... er, shop. I have been reading some good things about the Rikon
70-100 Mini Lathe that have me rethinking turning.

All I am interested in doing is turning table legs. If I bought the
Rikon and the extension bed and a set of basic turning tools like the 8
piece set that Harbor Freight sells, what would I be missing? I can
lag screw the lathe to a work bench that weighs about 300 pounds.

Before I jump into it, I plan to take a basic turning class at the
Woodcraft store in Clearwater.