Posted to uk.d-i-y
mo mo is offline

Default Strange noise - deathwatch beetles?

mo mo wrote in :

Hello all, thanks for the replies

Right - I don't think its any sort of CREATURE because the noise is
now pretty much constant AND It is only audible from my room and not
any of the others around

I am feeling then that it must he something in the attic moving around
or most likely the plumbing or something...the odd thing is when I
went up there (stuck my head in) i couldnt hear the sound - partly
because if was prob drown out by all the other nosie of the roads etc)

with regards to the actual noise

Basically I have a fairly small room - I have my pc desk near the middle
- i can hear the faint noise from there. If I mvoe around the room i
don't really get any closer - even if i stand high up i can't tell if
its coming from above the ceiling for sure but it def seems that way
because i thin kit owuld be more obvious if it was coming fro mthe side.

so i cant use a stethoscope - i suppose what i need a a metal dectector
for sound - somehting that will pick up very faint sound and then give
me a visual indication of when that sound is increasing!