Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default I thought the GFI was supposed to trip ?????

Warren Block wrote:

CJT wrote:

Warren Block wrote:

The amount of current on the hot line is the same as that on the
neutral. So as far as the GFI is concerned, there's no ground fault.
It can't tell if it's just the fan motor between hot and neutral, or the
fan motor and you.

The current through his body returns to ground (just like the garage
floor test that follows), not neutral.

Pretty clearly not the case since the GFI didn't trip. Unless it's
faulty.

.... or insensitive, which is the issue.

Or are you saying it's impossible to get shocked between hot
and neutral?