Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Kyle is offline

Default How to Repair Soft-crete Subfloor

Hello,

In the process of removing old vinyl in my bathroom and kitchen the
very fine top layer of the soft-crete subfloor came up. My installer
told me that they could not lay down new vinyl because the surface was
chalky and crumbling. At the advice of Loew's I filled the damaged
areas with rapid set CemetAll. It filled in the damaged areas, but I
could not get it very smooth and the areas are now bumpy. How do I get
this subfloor ready for new vinyl - smooth and level? I can remove the
CementAll repaired areas, but then what other product could I use?

Thanks so much - Kyle