Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Attic electrical outlet sealing

Did that with my fan ceiling boxes. The fit was loose in the drywall, so I
foamed the box around and over the top from the attic side then dropped the
Fiberglas insulation down over the wet foam and left. Worked well, needed a
little excess trimmed from underside of the ceiling so be sure to have a
drop cloth in place.

wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:46:54 -0600, jst wrote:

I recently put up a ceiling fan and felt a lot of cool air coming around
the ceiling outlet. What is the best way to seal ceiling outlets? I
currently have 12" of blown in fiberglass. A friend suggested a cap to
go over the outlet but I have not been able to find one at lowes & home
depot.

Any suggestions??

Foam it in with spray foam. That is what the builders use for
draftstopping.