Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default blown output transistors

"dave" nospam wrote in message
. ..
But I have to ask why. Emerson is junk. Not worth spending time and
money

on. Buy a new one.

Well I'd like to hook it up to my PC at work. I've got a pair of Polk Audio
satellites but they've got no bass, I mean NONE. I don't expect high
fidelity out of it, but it was entirely free and, given the fact that I'll
be listening at low volume, it's entirely adequate for my humble needs. So
far my investment is two 5A fuses, four power transistors and one driver
transistor, maybe $10 all together. Given that this "system" likely cost,
oh, maybe $80, if you'd like to chip in the extra $70 I'd be real happy to
"buy a new one".

That's why.

Dave