Posted to alt.home.repair
Brad Brad is offline

Default Winter Pool LEAK? New pool owners need help.

I will check to see where the water comes back into the pool. There is
no drain in the pool so it is not left open. Also, I neglected to
mention that all the pumps and such are above the pool level so I don't
see any way for the water to siphon out at the pump.

I have seen a couple other posts from people who loose water in the
winter but not in the spring/summer. I have not seen a good
explanation as to why.

So far I have had to replace about 18" of water. Is there any chemical
treatment required of the new water I am putting in? The water out of
the tap tests fairly neutral.

Thanks again,
BRAD

On Nov 29, 9:34 am, "wayne" wrote:
it is possible when it was winterized they left a stopcock or drain
plug a little open. I would have a pool company come out and check to
make sure the pool was winterized properly and that they can't see any
leaks. It will make any claim against the seller much easier if you
have it checked now vs going back in the spring!