Posted to alt.home.repair
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline

Default Floor Grout Alternatives?

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..

"Alan Smithee" wrote in message
news:8v%ah.385091$5R2.328971@pd7urf3no...
Between my dining and main entrance I have a 16' run where two very
different floors meet. The dining room is solid bamboo T&G and the hall
floor is slate tile. The bamboo was installed about four years ago and

since
the grout line (1/2" to 3/8") separating the two floors has begun to

crack
and crumble in spots. I attribute this to seasonal movement. The

question
is, is there a grout-like product with a little bit more give than

cement
grout that can be used? I'm thinking something more rubber or latex

based.
Thx.

There are caulks that look like grout. Check at any good tile store -
they will have color samples to compare. They are a lot softer than
grout.

Or, you could use epoxy grout, which has better 'give' than regular
grout. It's expensive, and a little tricky to use.

Bob

This sounds like what I need.
Thanks everybody.