Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default raising and extending ladder

"monrae fordi" wrote in message
Complete novice has just bought a three piece ladder to clean out the
guttering on a two storey terraced house.

Is there any particular method to get the ladder extended up to the
correct height? Should I balance the ladder vertically and then raise the
individual pieces one at a time? or should I lay it in the garden
horizontally, and then adjust it to the correct height, and then walk it
up to the vertical? Thanks for advice.

With my triple extension aluminium ladder, whilst it is leaning at an angle
to the wall, I raise the top bit a number of rungs and then raise the middle
section to the required height. If you can get a helper it helps! they can
then stand between the wall and ladder and hold it off the wall slightly as
you push up the sections.

HTH

John