Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Will Will is offline

Default Where get mail order diaries by Letts? [off topic]

On 28 Nov 2006, Stuart wrote:

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:20:11 GMT, Will wrote:

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:02:39 UTC, Will wrote:

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

On 28 Nov 2006, Bob Eager wrote:

If you knew as much about Usenet as you pretend, you'd know that
few servers hnour the NNTP CANCEL these days.

Do you know the difference between "tried a cancel" and "done a
cancel"? Good. Then you will understand why I wrote "try".

The reason I did not TRY a cancel is because not being a "noob" I
know it won't work .!!!!
Stuart

Do you "KNOW" that or just "THINK" that?

Maybe your ISP's newserver doesn't carry control.cancel or won't
propagate them. Or maybe your newsreader won't let you easily issue the
command but that hardly means it is not at all possible.

Cancel attacks on the Usenet never occur now?
NNTP control messages no longer viable? http://tinyurl.com/yczjk2