Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Will Will is offline

Default Where get mail order diaries by Letts? [off topic]

On 28 Nov 2006, raden wrote:

In message , Will
writes
Am in the UK and am looking for a Letts slimline pocket diary.
(Must be month to a view format).

Where can I get this online without paying for admin at silly
prices? I keep getting the sort thing where the diary is only
£3.35 from Ink World Direct but their P&P is an extra £6.95.

The problem seems to me to be that you want to buy something
specific of very little value (profit) and pay next to nothing
for the postage (administration)

a classic hiding to nowhere I would have thought

just go to a shop and buy one

Now, of course, if you used a bit of grey matter you could
phone Letts or Adler or whoever and inform them that you were a
new business just setting up and wanted to give customers
complementary diaries with your company name on - could they
send you a couple of samples ?

Way cool even if devious. :-)

But I guess you missed the last line of the original post:

"Unfortunately Letts themselves are out of stock of these."

No - they just clocked you as a ****** and answered as such

Run out of diaries ?
I don't really think so, do you ?

No, of course they have not run out of diaries but they have run
out of all the models I listed in my posting. What a pity you
couldn't read it properly. Try Specsavers.

Why not try Letts Online http://www.letts.co.uk/store/
or call CS on 0870 421 4381 and see if you can place an order. How
about it, Raden?

I really don't need to - I get more than enough free ones from
customers and suppliers

Well done - that was a quick change of subject in order to get out of
checking your facts. I wrote that Letts Online and the Letts
customer phone line did not have any of these diaries. You sneered
that you didn't really think so. So I asked if you wanted to check
the facts.

Then you sidestepped having to prove your sneer by saying you had
enough diaries. Of course, you could check without buying one but I
guess you know when you have forgotten to engage brain before mouth.