DoN. Nichols

Default 2nd day of Metal working class...grinding cutting tools

In article ,
steamer wrote:
--Do it the way the teacher says until you're comfortable with the
process. Nothing wrong with using the tool rest; safer, too, for a newbie.
I still use it faithfully. The only time I *don't* use a tool rest is when
I'm sharpening a drillbit.

Note that Teenut (I sure miss that man), in his "Bionic Darex"
posting, *did* suggest using the tool rest on the grinder when
sharpening drill bits -- but using it to support your left *hand* to
give more control during the motions involved in performing a clean
sharpening job.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564