Posted to alt.home.repair
Clearfield Consumer Clearfield Consumer is offline

Default Energy Smart Water Heater and Timer use.

I recently moved into a home that has a new Whirlpool Energy Smart
water heater that uses the little computer control box and is claimed
to save electricty.

http://www.whirlpoolwaterheaters.com...ectric_how.php

This water heater is also hooked up to a timer. The previous owner had
the control set to "Smart" in which case the water heater operates like
a conventional unit and also had it on a timer.

I am under the impression that a timer on a water heater this new is of
little use and that it will also interfear (sp?) with the operation of
the Energy Smart circuit. I am thinking that setting the control to
"Energy Smart " mode and not useing the timer would be a more
economical choice.

Should I disconnect the timer and let the energy smart circuit do it's
job or can they both be used together?