Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Morse Morse is offline

Default making 3v ac adapter?

"jasen" wrote in message
On 2006-11-19, Morse wrote:

"jasen" wrote in message
On 2006-11-17, wrote:

what uses 3V AC ? 9V, or 12V is much easier to find

Plenty of portable gear (MP3 or CD players etc) that runs on 2 AA or AAA
cells has 3V or sometimes 4.5V sockets.

but typically DC, not AC...

Yes, but the OP never actually mentioned that the adapter needs to output
3VAC, more than likely he meant an AC adapter in the sense that it runs on
AC. Also, you didn't say anything about AC or DC, I obviously misunderstood
your comment.

my modem uses 9VAC and my spare 12VAC.

Yes, lots of them do. It's the best way to do it, keeping the rectifiers
and smoothing caps away from the hot and often airtight wall wart.

Portable audio stuff is almost exclusively DC powered.

Yes, I know, I said as much in another post. The OP likely requires a 3VDC
AC adapter, which are very common ready made at very cheap prices.

Morse