Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Taylor Bill Taylor is offline

Default Strange noise - deathwatch beetles?

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:48:36 -0600, mo mo wrote:

Hi
I have noticed a strange noise in my bedroom recently. Its like a very
faint tapping noise - its fairly random and very quiet.

I have ruled out any noises coming from my PC or anything else in my
room OR anything coming from surrounding rooms. I can't see it being
from otuside as the sound doesn't seem to be coming from near the window
and its happening really late like 5am when its pretty much dead around
here.

It seems to be coming from the attic and someone suggested Deathwatch
Beetles!!

If your house is old and has old oak timbers you could have death
watch beetle.

If it was midsummer the noise could be deathwatch beetle,

It's much more likely to be mice.

Bill