Posted to alt.home.repair
stormy stormy is offline

Default Need beginner advice on how to put in shallow well

I need a well to water plants, wash off beach stuff & pets. We have a
shallow water table (15 to 25 feet) & have sandy soil across the street
from the Atlantic ocean (excluding a macadam layer which is vestigal
remnant from runway dating back to WWII). The well which came with the
house does NOT supply our potable water & I do not intend to use the
new well for this. Our initial well/pump system simply quit providing
water several years ago even though the pump runs. We have had a heck
of a time to have even 1 person come look at system - declared it
"fouled" & unfixable as it sits next to the back of the house beneath
the stand holding the heat pumps.
Sooo, I am interested in digging a shallow well myself. I can't get a
truck into our yard due to big shrubberies on our wedge-shaped lot so
this will be using tools I can drag into the back. Simple specific info
would be REALLY appreciated. Thanks in advance...