Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Hemmings Peter Hemmings is offline

Default C/H Radiator - plastic inserts for brackets?

Grunff wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I wonder if grommets last longer?
Most of the plastic inserts on mine have split under the weight
of the radiator. Only one (bathroom) makes any expansion noises
though.

The oldest ones I put in are at my parents house, and have been in for
over 10 years. AFAIK they're still in place. Neoprene in pretty tough
stuff, so as long as you have neoprene grommets...

Thanks for all the information, I must say I did think the grommets
would get cut quickly, but I will give it a try.

Another option, if you were buying especially, is neoprene cutout edging
strip, available from RS and the like. Should be even easier to use than
the grommets.