Paul

Default 2nd day of Metal working class...grinding cutting tools

This is interesting I'll give it a shot since I have to use the rest at
school
Dressing up the wheel is something else I don't know how to do yet either.
May have to start a new thread for that.
Paul

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

"Backlash" wrote in message
Paul, one of the best little tricks I have ever learned in the tech

world
is
to use your unused fingers, hands, or arms, etc. during a job as a

reference
to the work. Your brain can rapidly compute where your working fingers

are
relative to this. Examples are....
Welding is steadier when you have your thigh pressed against the

welding
table.
Grinding is easier when you use your knuckles for reference to the

wheel
by touching the tool rest.
Operating hydraulic equipment is smoother when you just let an unused
finger on the same hand touch one of the other unused levers, such as on

forklift.
With these things in mind, give it a try.

RJ

Yep, I agree. I use the wheel itself for my reference when grinding.

It
takes a lot more to get used to, but it works.. It also explains why

the
wheel can't have any bounce. I'm no good at sharpening a tool on a

bouncy
wheel. Don't know how anyone could be.

Harold