Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Fan in microwave oven going out

dave wrote:
Well, I have a couple of the covers off. I have the control panel off
and I can see the fan. It's in the back and not accessable without
removing the entire unit (it's a GE, over the stove type). I'd like to
verify if the cooling fan is not turning (it's been very quiet lately).
I also took off the bottom panel to reveal a small cover which I also
removed revealing the stiring motor. This oven still cooks evenly so I
guess the stirer is Ok? Can I run the oven to check the fan with the
control panel off? Is that safe? I can see the magnetron housing in
front of the fan. It seems to be ducted under the bottom to the stirer.

Dave

Usually it's only 4 screws to remove the entire unit on those over range
ones. You'll spend a lot less time removing the whole thing to work on
it than you will trying to work around it.