Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default So what's for Christmas?

Charlie b kinda got the ball rolling here. I have my new Craft
Supplies as well as Packard catalogues. The only thing I really
noticed that was new was how much some of the prices went up.

I usually use these as idea books, but nothing stands out. I make some
gifts and usually sell enough to pay for about half of Christmas if I
am not doing something like buying another scroll chuck.

Probably like many here, I have made all the bowls, pencil holders, oil
lamps, weed pots, fan pulls, jewelry, pens, ornaments, etc., etc., that
I want for a while. Last year I made lamps using the confetti lights
in the Craft Supplies catalogue and they not only sold really well but
were a great gifts. But I made a bunch of them and I am not in the
mood to make more. Same with spoons, ladles, and batter beaters. BTW,
the kitchen utensil idea was a great way to use up my odds and ends of
3/4" and 1" thick scraps of 1X4, 1x6 etc. since they didn't have to be
but about 10 to 12 inches long to be great.

Sooo.....

Anybody making anything new, fun, and exciting? Something we haven't
seen before or a new twist on an old favorite? (No Chinese balls,
please ; ^) )

Robert