Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Laird John Laird is offline

Default C/H Radiator - plastic inserts for brackets?

Grunff wrote:
Peter Hemmings wrote:

Does anyone sell these separately, or doe anyone got another solution
to my problem?

I've never seen them for sale anywhere. When I've lost inserts in the
past, I've replaced them with rubber grommets, cut in half and pushed
into the U on the bracket.

Gawd, I wish the installer who worked on the system in my new house
hadn't decided not to bother with these. Every single radiator bangs
when you brush past them. (At least they don't make a noise when
heating up or cooling down.) I'd lift them and add grommets as you
suggest, but as said installer was also a big fan of plastic pipe,
mostly fitted without elbows, I'm loathe to start straining any of the
pipework in case there's no give. (Some of the "tails" are bent
through extreme angles - yuk.)

--
"Push any key. Then push the any other key."