Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Replacing main ground rods

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
2-eight foot rods, six feet apart or prove the ground resistance. Why not
drive the one in deep?
Two is, or should be, an absolute NO NO.
You can get ground current between the two.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Were removing a planter alongside my buddes home to widen his driveway.

His ground rods are in the planter. I think we should replace them to a
offset in the driveway. The home narrows a bit partway back.

Ny friend wants to either drive them deeper or pull them out and move
them.

he is cheap

Where does one buy that groundrod driver that fits in a hammer drill??
many electrical supply houses have closed around here and the home
depot person had no idea what I was talking about.

The existing ground is a single ground rod whats the current code?