Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default GE oven failure

RonD writes:

I have an old GE range. Model # J BP26 0w2A. It came with the house
when I bought it 16 years ago. Last year I replaced the bottom heating
element. This saturday I replaced the broiler element. After that the
oven doesn't heat at all. I suspect it is the temperature control.
The question I have is that there are two tubes. A thick one that is
along the left side of the oven and a thin metal tube along the back,
right against where the broiler element enters the back wall. Both
enter the oven from the same baffle. I had to move the thin one to
replace the broiler element. Nothing broke as far as I could see.
Which one is the capillary tube and what is the other one for.

Did you check for a fuse inside the range? A burnt out element can
blow a fuse if the element shorts to the cladding.

I doubt you did any damage to the temperature sensors and if one did break,
it would probably register too cold so the oven would always be on.

Just some thoughts.