Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fan in microwave oven going out

Homer J Simpson wrote:
"dave" nospam wrote in message
. ..

Yes. I put the cover back on the stirrer motor before starting. I've
come to the conclusion that the cooling/ventilation fan is getting weak.
It's slow to start up and even then only runs at half speed. It is
located towards the back so I''ll have to pull the unit off the wall to
get to it. It will take me a few days to do that. I saw a thermistor on
the magnetron. Looks like part of a thermal cutout circuit. Since that
will keep it from overheating I think I'm safe using the oven like this
for the short term. Hey, I'm a bachelor. I can't survive without my
microwave!

I would clean the bearings with a solvent (like kerosene), soak that out
with paper towels getting them as clean and dust free as I can, then use a
good oil for self lubricating bearings.

However that is my choice - YMMV.

Some basic clues re safety would be good for the op too, might help him
live longer.

NT