Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default How do I use my planer jointer properly?

"Paul D" wrote in message
It sounds like your a little confused about the outfeed table.

"the back half of the bed raises on an angle, the blades with it"
Now that has me a little confused. The cutterhead should not move at all.
It
is the only part that is fixed to the base of machine and does not move.
If
it does it will be the first time I have come across it. If this is the
case
it would be good if you could post a photo somewhere so we can see how it
is
set up.If you have any info on brand/model number of machine someone may
know the machine and able to help a little more.

That type of jointer has a fixed outfeed table. It's a ringer for the one
AMT sold at the time, so parts may even cross.

Sounds like there's a bit of a perceptual problem which could be remedied by
a look into any standard jointer reference.