Posted to pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.rural,alt.building.construction
Bob Bob is offline

Default Well Mystery

wrote:

After the chlorine shock, I ran the well pump for several hours just
flushing the output onto the ground, so I doubt the problem is residual
chlorine or pump oil.

I doubt that a proper shock treatment would clear with several hours of
flushing. I know of many shocked wells that took several days or more
of occasional flushing to get rid of the chlorine. Did you pump the
chlorinated water back into the well for several hours to get a good
recycle cleaning? Did you use specified well chlorine or cheap clorox?
Many times clorox doesn't get the job done.

Bob