Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Will Will is offline

Default Where get mail order diaries by Letts? [off topic]

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:02:39 UTC, Will wrote:

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

On 28 Nov 2006, Bob Eager wrote:

If you knew as much about Usenet as you pretend, you'd know that few
servers hnour the NNTP CANCEL these days.

Do you know the difference between "tried a cancel" and "done a cancel"?
Good. Then you will understand why I wrote "try".

To be honest I think you'll find that far more Usenet servers than the
"few" you mention will actually honour cancels. After all, not everyone
is a member of the Freedom Knights. And that's why cancel attacks can
happen at all.

Now see if you can get it over to my pal Turku 'cos he seems to neeed a
bit of help with this. BTW is there a list of Usenet servers running
cancelbots in a Letts 2007 diary. Woooo. Let's all hope so! :-)

BTW is this still on your server (not in your reader's cache):
From: Tunku

Will wrote in :

You could have tried a cancel if you weren't such a noob.

Hah ! a cancel eh? noob.