Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Will Will is offline

Default Where get mail order diaries by Letts? [off topic]

On 28 Nov 2006, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:32:46 UTC, Will wrote:

Hey, that's why off topic posts are called "off topic" and are
marked "off topic". Geddit?

So, it's OK to post ANYTHING to ANY newsgroup, as long as it's
marked off-topic?

I think not...

I said you were thick...

Almost anything. Of course it has to be within the bounds of normal
behaviour and etiquette on the Usenet (none of your kiddie porn,
binaries in text groups, me too's, spam, etc).

So if you told the group in the usual way (I don't have to spell that
out to you, do I?) then you could for example post about motor bikes in
the lighting group.

Only someone like you would read a post clearly marked off topic in the
subject line and then complain that it is, er, off topic.