Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Electrical Problem

HeyBub wrote:
hwb wrote:
Home is 2 years old and 3 outlets in kitchen and pantry area not
working. Tried circuit breakers and none appear to be tripped.
Circuit also contains under cabinet lighting and they are not working
either. Where do I start looking for the problem?

When more than one outlet fails (and there's no GCFI involved),

I would hope that he has GFI's since the home is only 2 years old and
they are kitchen outlets.

you've got a loose wire in a device. It could be one of the three or
it could be the device immediately upstream from the three.

These suckers are daisy-chained, like Christmas tree lights. When one
comes "unplugged" all the rest in the chain fail.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit