Posted to alt.home.repair
superteej superteej is offline

Default HGTV Dream House questions

Its funny I stumbled onto this thread, because I am in the process of
filming a HGTV dream house series in San Diego. Don't believe me, check
out our site to keep our friends and family updated in the process.
www.dreamhousesd.com.

Anyways, I think many people sign up for these shoes to get the 15mins of
fame. However, it makes great economic sense. Due to all the help from the
tv show, and people who want to be on tv, we are able to build for about
$50 dollars a square foot, and in our market, houses sell for more then
$500 dollars a square foot.

The truth is, reality shows, whether be the bachelor or a remodeling show,
are very staged. Next time look how they get multiple angle shots, there
isn't more then one camera man there. It is just a single guy saying, "Do
you mind doing that one more time."

Also, surprisingly, there was no hefty contract we needed to sign. Just a
one page document saying they will give us some money up front, and when
finished with the house, they will give us some more money. Then there is
a lengthy contract, but that is a release that anyone on tv signs, saying
the network has the right to air you, and the network can do whatever they
like with the footage. Kinda scary, when you think about the Boarat movie,
those people were probabley signing vary similar contracts.