Posted to alt.home.repair
sylvan butler sylvan butler is offline

Default Labelling wires inside a circuit breaker box

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 00:57:13 -0500, wrote:
I see a lot of electricians simply using a short piece of Romex
jacket, slipped over the wire and marked with a sharpie pen.

Using a piece of romex jacket is great. Since it is a tube slipped over
the wire it cannot just unstick and fall off the way any kind of
adhesive label might. Also, it is readily available when doing the
related work. No added cost or equipment.

I do prefer using a regular ballpoint. That ink seems to bleed into the
plastic jacket whereas the sharpie seems to be mostly on top and to rub
off. Plus, I write better with a regular ballpoint, and there are
plenty of them around. Sharpies mush up the point, and aren't quite as
readily accessible.

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com