Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default removing connector from Christmas lights

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:07:12 -0600, "Wanda"
wrote:

For a craft project a need lights that have a string of lights with only
the plug on them. All the lights I look at have a connector as well to
add extra light strings.

I have a few old 50-light strings that lack the female connector on
the other end. I haven't seen any recent ones.

My projedt requires that I put the string of
lights through a 1/2 inch hole in a glass block, I cannot get the
connector through this opening so I need to remove in. How will I do this
and still have a working set of lights?

There should be just 2 wires going to that connector, which is not a
part of that series (it's used only when you connect another string).
You can cut it off without affecting that set. Do something to
insulate the wires.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy