Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Surface mount lamp bases?

dpb wrote:

Anybody know a source -- a search on eBay found receptacles and a few
switches plus the round ceramic lamp bases, but I'd like half-dozen or
so old-style surface mount bases for a string of lights in the old
machine shed as the simplest way to go...found some new, old stock
locally but they all have the pull-chain integral switch which I would
prefer to not have for these. If all else fails, may go back and get
them. DAGS and a site search at both GE and Leviton w/ no luck,
either, although apparently the full GE wiring products catalogs aren't
online near as could tell....

Just buy a string of construction lights and hang them up. You can get
them at Depot or Lowe's. As a plus you get insulated connections and
lamp guards in a pre made assembly that actually meets current codes
which the old style bases with exposed connections won't. Probably even
UL listed.

Pete C.