Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Will Will is offline

Default Where get mail order diaries by Letts? [off topic]

On 27 Nov 2006, PC Paul wrote:

Will wrote:

Can you see a common factor in these three newsgroups?
uk.rec.cars.maintenance
uk.d-i-y
alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

You can? Fantastic! Is it "UK". Great! Well, don't stop now.
Does the common factor have anything to do with buying a UK diary
with UK national holidays from a national UK publisher? Yes?
Bingo! Well done, you little scallyway! That's really good for
someone who has just struggled hard to get it.

Wow! A whole new era in newsgroups has opened up!

Anything related to the 'UK' is now on topic in any newsgroup with
'UK' in the title!

Just to be helpful, I've added 'alt.night-life.bradford.uk' as
well. I'm sure they'll be able to help...

****.

Why is it so hard for obsessives like you to pass over postings marked
as off-topic? Surely it can't be that hard?

Instead you open them and then bleat that they are, er, off topic. Now
what a surprise that is!

Normally "OT" is used to show an off-topic post but this time for the
newbies and those in a hurry and for people like you, I spelt it out as:
"off topic".

Exactly what it is that you don't understand about that phrase or its
use in newsgroups?